An easy, decadent treat.
- Ready in: 30 minutes + 2 - 3 hours to chill
- Complexity: easy
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for the coating
- Start by bringing the cream to a boil.
- When it is hot pour the cream over the finely grated chocolate. Allow the chocolate and cream to melt together for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate and cream together, until completely smooth
- Finish by stirring in the butter until it is fully mixed.
- Next place the chocolate mixture in the refrigerator to cool, chill for 2 - 3 hours.
When you remove the chocolate from the refrigerator, it should be firm. Using a teaspoon scoop out some of chocolate using a teaspoon. Roll the chocolate in your hands to form a ball. You can rub a tiny bit of cocoa powder on your hands to keep the chocolate from coating your hands. Finish by rolling each ball of chocolate in a plate lightly covered in cocoa powder. After you have finished forming the truffles you will want to chill than again for another few hours until they are firm again.
If you are planning on giving these away, make sure to leave them in the refrigerator until you package them and give them away.