Santa Barbara California is famous for simple grilled tri-tip. This is about as authentic a recipe there is for this delicious treat.
Santa Barbara Tri Tip
- Ready in: overnight to marinate + 20 - 25 minutes to cook
- Serves: 6
- Tri Tip (about 6 lbs)
- Soy Sauce
- Mexican Lager, like Pacifico
- 1 head of whole garlic cloves, skinned
- Salt and pepper
- Blue Cheese Crumbles (optional)
- Sprinkle tri tip with salt and pepper and let rest 10 minutes. Place tri tip in a ziplock bag with soy sauce and whole garlic cloves and chill overnight or at least 5-6 hours.
- Light a wood or charcoal fire. When it is very hot place tri tip on an oiled sheet of heavy duty tine foil over a grill grate. Cook tri tip and garlic for 20-25 minutes based on desired degree of doneness.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles and serve.