Hot, wholesome, and delicious. This is perfect for Thanksgiving or a winter supper
Roasted Yams and Apples Recipe
- Ready in: 1 - 1/2 hours
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: medium
- 2 large yams or sweet potatoes
- 2 Golden Delicious apples (cored and sliced into rings)
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1 t cornstarch
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 1/2 c orange juice
- 2 T chopped pecans or walnuts
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake yams for 50 minutes or until soft (microwave for 8-10 minutes if you prefer).
- Cool the yams until you can handle them.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Peel yams and slice crosswise - to make round slices.
- In a shallow 1-quart baking dish, alternate apple rings and yam slices, overlapping the edges.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cloves. Stir in orange juice and blend.
- Heat this mixture, stirring, until thickened.
- Pour over apples and yams.
- Top the dish with nuts and bake for 20 minutes or until the apples are tender.