This is a great make ahead recipe. And since the flavors get better the longer they sit, this is a fabulous recipe to make in bulk for a potluck.
Orange Spiked Green Beans
- Ready in: 15 to 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- Green beans
- Orange peel from 1/2 a navel orange
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 T honey
- Sea salt for boiling water
- Boil green beans in a pot of lightly salted water until al dente. Make sure not to overcook your green beans. This recipe is best if the beans are just barely cooked.
- Grate the peel of 1/2 an orange, making sure not to get the bitter white pith
- Toss green beens with lemon juice and honey
- Sprinkle with orange peel - toss thoroughly and serve either warm or at room temperature